Résultats par :

Rechercher Recherche avancée

Alberta workplace deaths rise 24 per cent

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

Alberta workplace deaths rise 24 per cent

Message par rbessor12 le 21/04/08, 04:06 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2008/04/17/workplace-deaths.html

"
More people died after being injured in Alberta workplaces in 2007 over the previous year, although the total number of accidents was down, statistics released Thursday by the province showed.

There were 154 deaths in 2007, up from 124 in 2006, an increase of 24 per cent. At the same time, injuries were down by six per cent, from 36,701 to 34,227.

An explosion at this biodiesel plant near High River on Tuesday killed a subcontractor.An explosion at this biodiesel plant near High River on Tuesday killed a subcontractor.
(James Young/CBC)

"On one hand we're making great gains when it comes to reducing workplace injuries," Hector Goudreau, the minister of employment and immigration, said in a news release.

"On the other hand, there are still far too many workers in Alberta getting killed on the job."

The rising number of deaths is unacceptable, said Goudreau, who promised his department will step up efforts to get the safety message out to workers and industry.

Gil McGowan, head of Alberta's Federation of Labour, said there are far too many people being killed at work.

"Frankly what's happening here is that the pace of development in this province is putting people's lives at risk," he said. "Employers are speeding up trying to get jobs done and corners are being cut and one of the first corners unfortunately that's cut is usually health and safety."

While the number of fatalities is significantly up, Goudreau's department said that compared to the increase in the workforce, the rate is consistent with figures over the past 10 years.

rbessor12

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

hello

Message par ErableAtlas1234567890 le 21/04/08, 04:51 pm

Thanks for sharing with us this news. it just catched my eyes since I plan to live in Edmonton, hopefully in a few months.Are most jobs basically in indrustrialization ? and if so is it hard to get one...
IS THE STANDARD OF LIVING VERY HIGH COMPARING TO QUEBEC AND OTHER FEDERAL STATES.
LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM U!

ErableAtlas1234567890

Masculin Nombre de messages : 13

Re: Alberta workplace deaths rise 24 per cent

Message par kabi le 21/04/08, 05:25 pm

ErableAtlas1234567890 a écrit:Thanks for sharing with us this news. it just catched my eyes since I plan to live in Edmonton, hopefully in a few months.Are most jobs basically in indrustrialization ? and if so is it hard to get one...
IS THE STANDARD OF LIVING VERY HIGH COMPARING TO QUEBEC AND OTHER FEDERAL STATES.
LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM U!

Hi ErableAtlas1234567890

You have so much infomations in ALBERTA subject here in the forum, just take a look.

kabi

Masculin Nombre de messages : 3156
Résidence : New-Brunswick
Statut : Citoyen canadien

Message par lion69 le 21/04/08, 06:57 pm

THANKS MR PRESIDENT
can you tell us the factors of this situation
why in alberta many accident in workplace hapend and also the rates of inijured is increased
it's due of absence of sécurity or no respect of work law
what i lisen about canada , she respect the right of wokers ,assure security conditions in the sit of work but when i have lisned this information i have posed alarge question
so please can you give us some clarification about this issue
thanks

lion69

Masculin Nombre de messages : 494
Résidence : temara
Emploi : en formation de cycle superieur de l'Ena

Message par lion69 le 21/04/08, 07:07 pm

ok mr abdelkadere in the first i have not seen the source of this information wich cbc. after i have reade d it. i have had the answer.
many persson has given their point of view about the causes of this phenomena
thank

lion69

Masculin Nombre de messages : 494
Résidence : temara
Emploi : en formation de cycle superieur de l'Ena

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut