sur le Forum ErableAtlas

Merci pour votre passage.

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

Forum Érable Atlas
Bonjour et Bienvenue
sur le Forum ErableAtlas

Merci pour votre passage.

Forum Érable Atlas
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Derniers sujets
» Logement 4 1/2 à louer Montréal
Calgary, Toronto rate highly in prosperity report I_icon_minitime15/06/23, 04:58 am par april_family

» Parrainage 2023?
Calgary, Toronto rate highly in prosperity report I_icon_minitime20/03/23, 02:36 am par medamine5

» Qui a commencé la procédure EXPRESS ENTRY ?
Calgary, Toronto rate highly in prosperity report I_icon_minitime05/10/22, 02:57 am par hhicham

» procédure de parrainage au québec ( exterieur )
Calgary, Toronto rate highly in prosperity report I_icon_minitime09/03/22, 08:46 pm par sam

» Diplome Privé et procedure de permis de travail
Calgary, Toronto rate highly in prosperity report I_icon_minitime26/02/22, 04:03 pm par root

» Livre de citoyenneté
Calgary, Toronto rate highly in prosperity report I_icon_minitime13/01/22, 01:53 am par kamal1982

» Opticiens recherchés
Calgary, Toronto rate highly in prosperity report I_icon_minitime11/11/21, 04:16 pm par AZUL

» Immigrer : un voyage initiatique à la rencontre des autres et de soi
Calgary, Toronto rate highly in prosperity report I_icon_minitime01/11/21, 03:15 pm par hio

» Permis detude
Calgary, Toronto rate highly in prosperity report I_icon_minitime30/10/21, 01:21 am par yeya

» Envois demande de CSQ REMPLI au ŕepondant.
Calgary, Toronto rate highly in prosperity report I_icon_minitime14/10/21, 11:08 pm par sam

Rechercher

Résultats par :

Rechercher Recherche avancée

-39%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON AVR-X2800H, Enceinte ...
1190 € 1950 €
Voir le deal

Calgary, Toronto rate highly in prosperity report

Calgary, Toronto rate highly in prosperity report Empty Calgary, Toronto rate highly in prosperity report

Message par mercure 29/03/11, 04:24 pm

Calgary, Toronto rate highly in prosperity report

On Monday March 28, 2011, 9:41 am EDT

Calgary and Toronto are ranked among the top 10 in the Toronto Board of Trade's third annual Scorecard on Prosperity, which examines the economies and labour attractiveness of 24 global metropolitan areas.

Calgary ranked third overall in the board's scorecard, while Toronto placed eighth. Paris and San Francisco took first and second place, respectively, in the 2011 report.

Toronto's overall ranking slipped from fourth place in 2010 but it outperformed Vancouver and Montreal, which placed 14th and 20th, respectively.

The Toronto Board of Trade — Canada's largest chamber of commerce representing 10,000 members — said in the report that Calgary had edged back up from fifth spot, "perhaps on the way back to being the top-ranked metro region as it was in the 2009 Scorecard."

Calgary's success comes from a combination of solid fundamentals in both economy and labour attractiveness, not just from a robust economy, the board said.

"The fastest population growth of all metros, Calgary proved that it was an attractive place for people seeking work," the board concluded. "Calgary's housing affordability and clean air provide further evidence of its livability."

Toronto remains "a good place to live" but persistent weaknesses in the economic indicators that were tracked in the report contributed to its slide in rankings.

The gap between Toronto and U.S. cities, such as San Francisco, Boston and Seattle, remains large, particularly on productivity and gross domestic product (GDP).

Toronto sits in the bottom half of the rankings with C and D grades, performing worse than last year on productivity, the report said. The city was in the bottom half of the rankings on GDP per capita.

The board recommended that Toronto:

The board's report was prepared by the Conference Board of Canada and the Certified Management Accountants of Ontario.
http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/Calgary-Toronto-rate-highly-cbc-2869940425.html?x=0

mercure

Masculin Nombre de messages : 154

Revenir en haut Aller en bas