sur le Forum ErableAtlas

Merci pour votre passage.

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

Forum Érable Atlas
Bonjour et Bienvenue
sur le Forum ErableAtlas

Merci pour votre passage.

Forum Érable Atlas
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Derniers sujets
» Logement 4 1/2 à louer Montréal
How to mind your manners at an English-speaking dinner I_icon_minitime15/06/23, 04:58 am par april_family

» Parrainage 2023?
How to mind your manners at an English-speaking dinner I_icon_minitime20/03/23, 02:36 am par medamine5

» Qui a commencé la procédure EXPRESS ENTRY ?
How to mind your manners at an English-speaking dinner I_icon_minitime05/10/22, 02:57 am par hhicham

» procédure de parrainage au québec ( exterieur )
How to mind your manners at an English-speaking dinner I_icon_minitime09/03/22, 08:46 pm par sam

» Diplome Privé et procedure de permis de travail
How to mind your manners at an English-speaking dinner I_icon_minitime26/02/22, 04:03 pm par root

» Livre de citoyenneté
How to mind your manners at an English-speaking dinner I_icon_minitime13/01/22, 01:53 am par kamal1982

» Opticiens recherchés
How to mind your manners at an English-speaking dinner I_icon_minitime11/11/21, 04:16 pm par AZUL

» Immigrer : un voyage initiatique à la rencontre des autres et de soi
How to mind your manners at an English-speaking dinner I_icon_minitime01/11/21, 03:15 pm par hio

» Permis detude
How to mind your manners at an English-speaking dinner I_icon_minitime30/10/21, 01:21 am par yeya

» Envois demande de CSQ REMPLI au ŕepondant.
How to mind your manners at an English-speaking dinner I_icon_minitime14/10/21, 11:08 pm par sam

Rechercher

Résultats par :

Rechercher Recherche avancée

-39%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON AVR-X2800H, Enceinte ...
1190 € 1950 €
Voir le deal

How to mind your manners at an English-speaking dinner

+2
azizaziz
Rachel
6 participants

How to mind your manners at an English-speaking dinner Empty How to mind your manners at an English-speaking dinner

Message par Rachel 29/12/07, 11:35 am

Hi friends,

Another lesson ! This time is about manners at an english-speaking dinner.

Eating in a foreign country is not only about understanding the menu! Good table etiquette means knowing both what to say and how to behave. Read on to make sure you’re behaving properly at an English-speaking dinner table!

1. In an English-speaking country, cutlery refers to knives, forks and spoons (eating utensils). Everyone gets confused from time to time about which utensil to use. The basic rule is to start from the outside and work inwards (towards your plate).

2. During the meal, if you need to leave the table to go to the bathroom, simply say "Please excuse me for a moment." You should also do this if you need to answer a phone call. While you can leave your cell phone on silent mode, it is more polite to turn it off.

3. Slurping (making a 'slurp' sound with your mouth) is something you should avoid at all costs! Be especially careful not to slurp when you are having soup or noodles!

4. Even if you have eaten a lot, your host will often try to encourage you to eat more. If you've really had enough, say "Thank you, but I really couldn't eat another bite" or "I'm stuffed!" which is an informal way of saying 'very full'.

5. Indicate you have finished eating by 'closing' your knife and fork, (putting them together on your plate). You can say "What a delicious meal! Thank you so much." to show your appreciation. Wait for everyone to finish before leaving the table.

6. It is considered rude to reach across the table. If you need the salt, or would like a dish that is not in your immediate area, you can say "Please pass the ...".

7. Finally, don't worry about every little detail. Nowadays, etiquette is more about displaying graciousness and poise. And when in doubt, just look to your neighbour for clues!

A+
Rachel
Rachel
Rachel

Féminin Nombre de messages : 3463
Résidence : Casablanca
Emploi : RRH
Statut : Visaiste

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

How to mind your manners at an English-speaking dinner Empty Re: How to mind your manners at an English-speaking dinner

Message par azizaziz 29/12/07, 08:04 pm

thank you so much Rachel,
azizaziz
azizaziz

Masculin Nombre de messages : 530
Statut : en préparation du dossier

How to mind your manners at an English-speaking dinner Empty Re: How to mind your manners at an English-speaking dinner

Message par emy 30/12/07, 10:36 pm

The habit, to not to miss

Thanks Rachel
emy
emy

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1138
Résidence : casablanca
Statut : Visa reçu le 20/05

Message par saladine 31/12/07, 08:42 am

Thanks a lot Rachel for this piece of information we may without doubt need for our next Canadian integration ..likewise I 'd like to add some more etiquette but this time on :
Shopping, Banking, & Dining

▼ Common courtesies such as holding doors open for the person behind you are appreciated and often expected.

▼ People using Automated Bank Machines (ABMs or ATMs) expect the next person in line to stand a few feet behind them.

▼ People routinely line up to pay for items in stores, buy tickets in movie theatres, and board public transportation. Even without a formal line, expect to be served on a “first come, first served” basis. Be patient when waiting to be served. Moreover, Canadians deeply resent people who push ahead in line.
Most restaurants in Canada don't have a smoking section. It is a non-smoking environment almost everywhere. In an increasing number of Canadian communities, there are by-laws in effect prohibiting smoking in restaurants--and even bars. With the exception of the streets, you will find that smoking is restricted in most public places. Since smoking in restaurants falls under municipal jurisdiction, you will find that the rules vary depending on the city or town that you are in.
saladine
saladine

Masculin Nombre de messages : 408
Résidence : Laval
Emploi : enseignant
Statut : Installé

Message par etomessietomessi 31/12/07, 10:52 am

Thx Rachel.
It's always a pleasure to read what you wrote.

A+
etomessietomessi
etomessietomessi

Masculin Nombre de messages : 201
Résidence : Canada
Statut : Installe

Message par scorpio26 01/01/08, 01:58 pm

hi

thanks rachel , your invitation was wonderfull and exciting, the meal was too delicious..the place was quiet and romantic..but unfortunately after the meeting when i tried to switch on my phone ,it didn't work perfectly Sad plz buy me one other.
i am looking inchalah for another meeting clin
friendly
scorpio26
scorpio26

Masculin Nombre de messages : 399
Résidence : casablanca

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé