sur le Forum ErableAtlas

Merci pour votre passage.

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

Forum Érable Atlas
Bonjour et Bienvenue
sur le Forum ErableAtlas

Merci pour votre passage.

Forum Érable Atlas
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Derniers sujets
» Logement 4 1/2 à louer Montréal
The face of Canada is changing I_icon_minitime15/06/23, 04:58 am par april_family

» Parrainage 2023?
The face of Canada is changing I_icon_minitime20/03/23, 02:36 am par medamine5

» Qui a commencé la procédure EXPRESS ENTRY ?
The face of Canada is changing I_icon_minitime05/10/22, 02:57 am par hhicham

» procédure de parrainage au québec ( exterieur )
The face of Canada is changing I_icon_minitime09/03/22, 08:46 pm par sam

» Diplome Privé et procedure de permis de travail
The face of Canada is changing I_icon_minitime26/02/22, 04:03 pm par root

» Livre de citoyenneté
The face of Canada is changing I_icon_minitime13/01/22, 01:53 am par kamal1982

» Opticiens recherchés
The face of Canada is changing I_icon_minitime11/11/21, 04:16 pm par AZUL

» Immigrer : un voyage initiatique à la rencontre des autres et de soi
The face of Canada is changing I_icon_minitime01/11/21, 03:15 pm par hio

» Permis detude
The face of Canada is changing I_icon_minitime30/10/21, 01:21 am par yeya

» Envois demande de CSQ REMPLI au ŕepondant.
The face of Canada is changing I_icon_minitime14/10/21, 11:08 pm par sam

Rechercher

Résultats par :

Rechercher Recherche avancée

-28%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Précommande : Smartphone Google Pixel 8a 5G Double Sim 128Go ...
389 € 539 €
Voir le deal

The face of Canada is changing

3 participants

The face of Canada is changing Empty The face of Canada is changing

Message par kabi 03/04/08, 05:48 pm

Fast-growing visible minorities now 16% of Canadian population

Shannon Proudfoot, Canwest News Service, Published: Wednesday, April 02, 2008
Canada's visible minority population has surpassed the five-million mark, according to the latest census report, more than doubling in 15 years.
The visible minority population grew five times faster than the population as whole between 2001 and 2006. Visible minority groups accounted for 16 per cent of Canada's population on the most recent census, according to Statistics Canada, up from 11 per cent a decade earlier.

For the first time, South Asians have surpassed Chinese as the largest visible minority group in Canada, and both groups now number well over one million people. Blacks comprise the next biggest visible minority population, with just over 780,000 people.
Syerah Virani, editor of MyBindi.com, a Toronto-based South Asian lifestyle site, the South Asian community is one of the fastest-growing ethnic groups in the country.
"I feel very connected to India, although I feel equally connected to Canada," says Syerah Virani, editor-in-chief of MyBindi.com, a website for Canada's South Asian community that draws more than a quarter-million visitors each month. "This is my country, this is where I pay my taxes and I derive a lot of benefits. But there is a nostalgia and an identity that is very strongly associated with India."
Born and raised in Mumbai, the 38-year-old Torontonian lived in England during the 1990s before falling in love with Canada on a family vacation and immigrating 10 years ago.
Her 11-year-old daughter defines herself as "a Canadian that was born in England and is being raised by Indian parents" to anyone who cares to ask, Virani says. Music, food, clothing, books and the language spoken by her parents and grandparents link her to a country she's only visited as a tourist.
"My nieces in India take classes in piano and ballet, and my daughter in Canada takes classes in Bollywood," she says. "We are trying to hard in Canada to keep our kids connected to what we left behind, and my nieces in India, on the other hand, are trying so hard to integrate into a country which is here."
Canada is home to people of more than 200 different ethnic origins, and increasing numbers are identifying with multiple ancestries as Virani and her daughter do.
Forty-one per cent of the population claimed a hyphenated ethnic background on the most recent census in 2006, up from 36 per cent a decade earlier, Statistics Canada says. The agency attributes the increase to more intermarriage between ethnic groups and greater "awareness of family heritage."
In fact, mixed unions (marriage and common-law) are growing five times faster than all other couples, accounting for almost four per cent of all couples of 2006, up from three per cent five years earlier.
"I think it's simply due to the fact that there's a greater mixing," says Harry Rosenbaum, an assistant professor of sociology at the University of Winnipeg. People generally only have the opportunity to marry those they have social contact with, he says, and they think less about differences when they interact with other groups every day.
Of Canada's 200-plus ethnic origins, 11 groups passed the one million mark in 2006, including French, Scottish, Chinese and Ukrainian, according to Statistics Canada. At the same time, almost one-third of the population - 10.1 million people - selected Canadian as their ethnic origin, either alone or in combination with another, making it the biggest group counted by the census.
When Henry Beh moved to Richmond, B.C., 30 years ago, he had to drive 45 minutes to Vancouver for decent Chinese food. Now, some compare Richmond's dining to Hong Kong's and the suburb is home to one of the most diverse populations in the country, with more than two-thirds of residents (65 per cent) belonging to a visible minority group.
"Supermarkets here sell everything from Filipino food to Thai food to East Indian to Chinese," says Beh, the executive director of the Richmond Chinese Community Society. "If you want to buy rice, curry powder, any type of ice cream, even imported from Thailand, - you name it, you got it."
Canada's diversity is concentrated in its cities, according to Statistics Canada, with nearly all visible minorities (96 per cent) living in metropolitan areas, compared to 68 per cent of the total population.
Immigrants have always gravitated to cities because of better job prospects, says Jeffrey Reitz, a professor of ethnic and immigration studies at the University of Toronto, and that's unlikely to change.
"Once those patterns of migration are established, they tend to perpetuate themselves because people tend to locate in the areas where they have family and friends, or where there are large communities of people from similar origins," he says.
Relations among Canada's diverse population are relatively harmonious, Reitz says, but "I don't think we should necessarily conclude that's because we are somehow more open to diversity than other countries."

Instead, he gives partial credit to the fact that this country hasn't grappled with a troubled history of slavery or illegal immigration as the United States has.
Nevertheless, Beh praises Canada for embracing newcomers.

"You can come from Holland, you can come from Africa or South Asia, and you can keep your own traditions and language," he says.

La source

kabi

Masculin Nombre de messages : 3192
Résidence : New-Brunswick
Statut : Citoyen canadien

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

The face of Canada is changing Empty Re: The face of Canada is changing

Message par kabi 03/04/08, 05:49 pm

Minorités canadiennes De plus en plus visibles
DERNIERES NOUVELLES
En 2006, il y avait plus de 200 origines ethniques différentes présentes au Canada.
C'est ce que révèle un rapport de Statistique Canada sous le titre La mosaïque ethnoculturelle du Canada, Recensement de 2006.
À titre de comparaison, le Recensement de 1901 avait dénombré environ 25 groupes ethniques différents. Il y a un siècle, les Canadiens d'ascendance autochtone et d'origine britannique ou française formaient la plus grande partie de la population.
Le Rencensement de 2006 révèle que 11 origines ethniques avaient franchi la barre du million de personnes.
Le groupe le plus important
Selon le rapport, le groupe le plus important est formé d'un peu plus de 10 millions de personnes ayant déclaré « Canadien » à titre d'ascendance ethnique.
Les origines les plus souvent déclarées après « Canadien », étaient:
• Anglais
• Français
• Écossais
• Irlandais
• Allemand
Le rapport constate que la liste des ascendances ethniques comprend:
• les autochtones de l'Amérique du Nord, les Métis et les Inuits;
• les premiers groupes européens à s'établir au Canada : les Anglais, les Français, les Écossais et les Irlandais;
• les immigrants arrivés au XXe siècle: les Allemands, les Italiens, les Chinois, les Ukrainiens, les Hollandais, les Polonais, les Indiens de l'Inde.
De nouveaux groupes figurent dans le Recensement de 2006. C'est le cas des Monteserratiens des Caraïbes, des Tchadiens, des Gabonais, des Gambiens et des Zambiens originaires de l'Afrique.
La proportion de personnes ayant déclaré des ascendances multiethniques est passée de 38,2 % en 2001 à 41,4 % il y a deux ans.
Origine plus canadienne que française?
Dans le Recensement de 2006, une proportion plus importante de Québécois se sont donné des origines « canadiennes » que les autres Canadiens. C'est le cas de 60 % des Québécois, contre 32,2 % pour les Canadiens du reste du pays.
Près de 29 % des Québécois se déclaraient d'origine française.
Statistique Canada souligne que les personnes qui se déclaraient d'origine canadienne avaient pour la plupart le français ou l'anglais comme langue maternelle, étaient nées au Canada et avaient des parents nés au Canada.
Selon l'agence fédérale, une personne reconnaîtra plus facilement « un héritage ethnique au Canada » si l'histoire de sa famille remonte à plusieurs générations.
La montée des minorités visibles
La population des minorités visibles n'a cessé de croître au cours des 25 dernières années.
Quelque 5 068 100 Canadiens appartenaient à une minorité visible en 2006. Les minorités visibles représentaient 16,2 % de l'ensemble de la population canadienne, en hausse de 20,9 % par rapport à 2001. En 1981, quelque 1,1 million de membres des minorités visibles représentaient 4,7 % de la population totale du Canada.
Le recensement recueille des renseignements sur les minorités visibles dans le but de satisfaire aux exigences de la Loi sur l'équité en matière d'emploi. Selon la loi, les membres des minorités visibles sont définis comme étant des « personnes, autres que les Autochtones, qui ne sont pas de race blanche ou qui n'ont pas la peau blanche ».
Statistique Canada attribue la croissance de la population des minorités visibles à la forte proportion de nouveaux arrivants appartenant à ce groupe.
En 2006, pas moins de 75 % des immigrants établis au pays depuis 2001 appartenaient à une minorité visible, comparativement à 72,9 % en 2001.
En 1981, seulement 55,5 % des nouveaux arrivants de la fin des années 1970 appartenaient à une minorité visible.
Les Sud-Asiatiques
Il y a deux ans, les Sud-Asiatiques sont devenus le groupe de minorités visibles le plus important, devant les Chinois et les Noirs. Ces derniers se classaient respectivement aux deuxième et troisième rangs.
Nombre de personnes des principaux groupes des minorités visibles et hausse par rapport à 2001, selon le Recensement 2006:
• Sud-Asiatiques: 1 262 900 (37,7 %)
• Chinois: 1 216 600 (18,2 %)
• Noirs: 783 800 (18,4 %)
Les Sud-Asisatiques formaient 4 % de la population du Canada, les Chinois, 3,9 % de l'ensemble de la population canadienne, et le groupe des Noirs, 2,5 %.
La plupart des personnes de la minorité visible sud-asiatique ont déclaré des ascendances telles qu'Indien de l'Inde (69,0 %), Pakistanais (9,3 %), Sri-Lankais (7,8 %).
Origine déclarée des Noirs:
• Caraïbes: 52 %
• Afrique: 42,4 %
En 2006, 95,9 % de la population des minorités visibles vivait dans une région métropolitaine de recensement, comparativement à 68,1 % de l'ensemble de la population.
L'origine ethnique
L'origine ethnique fait référence aux origines ethniques ou culturelles des ancêtres du répondant. Un ancêtre est une personne dont on descend et qui est habituellement plus éloignée que les grands-parents.
Si les tendances actuelles d'immigration se maintiennent, Statistique Canada prévoit que la population des minorités visibles continuera à croître plus vite que la population n'appartenant pas à une minorité visible. Selon les projections démographiques de Statistique Canada, les membres des minorités visibles représenteront à peu près le cinquième de l'ensemble de la population en 2017

La Source

kabi

Masculin Nombre de messages : 3192
Résidence : New-Brunswick
Statut : Citoyen canadien

Message par oumaima73 03/04/08, 09:52 pm

Chapeau bas M. le Président Smile
oumaima73
oumaima73

Féminin Nombre de messages : 268
Résidence : Moncton
Statut : Permis de Travail et puis Permis d'études et puis....

The face of Canada is changing Empty just a pointview

Message par lion69 06/04/08, 12:12 am

the first i have to thank mr kabi for this information
really i find this report extremly important for a lot of reasons
1- it give us a large idea about the composition of candien population and also chow us a deep picture of minorities who lives in canda
2 in this report we find an important stastic data explain the evolution of the candien society across the contrubution the minorities in growing population
3- the evolution of this society prove that canda policy in immigration of the competence until now is successful. the result that economy candien is growing and in high level.

in the other hand i want to say that if canada continue in this polycy , certainly the consequent will be catastrophic for our countries
i believe our responsable must undertake to establish policy witch wil be able to integrate their citizen in the society .this policy must qurantee the transparency ,equity and morality

lion69

Masculin Nombre de messages : 494
Résidence : temara
Emploi : en formation de cycle superieur de l'Ena

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé