sur le Forum ErableAtlas

Merci pour votre passage.

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

Forum Érable Atlas
Bonjour et Bienvenue
sur le Forum ErableAtlas

Merci pour votre passage.

Forum Érable Atlas
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Derniers sujets
» Logement 4 1/2 à louer Montréal
Activités sportives et Carrière I_icon_minitime15/06/23, 04:58 am par april_family

» Parrainage 2023?
Activités sportives et Carrière I_icon_minitime20/03/23, 02:36 am par medamine5

» Qui a commencé la procédure EXPRESS ENTRY ?
Activités sportives et Carrière I_icon_minitime05/10/22, 02:57 am par hhicham

» procédure de parrainage au québec ( exterieur )
Activités sportives et Carrière I_icon_minitime09/03/22, 08:46 pm par sam

» Diplome Privé et procedure de permis de travail
Activités sportives et Carrière I_icon_minitime26/02/22, 04:03 pm par root

» Livre de citoyenneté
Activités sportives et Carrière I_icon_minitime13/01/22, 01:53 am par kamal1982

» Opticiens recherchés
Activités sportives et Carrière I_icon_minitime11/11/21, 04:16 pm par AZUL

» Immigrer : un voyage initiatique à la rencontre des autres et de soi
Activités sportives et Carrière I_icon_minitime01/11/21, 03:15 pm par hio

» Permis detude
Activités sportives et Carrière I_icon_minitime30/10/21, 01:21 am par yeya

» Envois demande de CSQ REMPLI au ŕepondant.
Activités sportives et Carrière I_icon_minitime14/10/21, 11:08 pm par sam

Rechercher

Résultats par :

Rechercher Recherche avancée

-28%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Brandt LVE127J – Lave-vaisselle encastrable 12 couverts – L60cm
279.99 € 390.99 €
Voir le deal

Activités sportives et Carrière

2 participants

Activités sportives et Carrière Empty Activités sportives et Carrière

Message par Taurus 30/07/06, 03:44 pm

Go Ahead, Let Them See You Sweat
Tara Weiss, 07.18.06, 10:00 AM ET

pic
Click here to see how to get the most out of office sports.

By This Author
Tara Weiss
• How To Manage A Virtual Workforce
• The Hottest Tickets Online
• Insurance: Healthy Alternatives
More Headlines

Popular Videos
Striking Out: Worst Pickup Lines
How To Land A Rich Man
Surviving Singledom
World's Most Luxurious Spas
World's Most Expensive Homes

Get quotes

Most Popular Stories
America's Most Admired Professions
Most Expensive Homes In The World 2006
Landis Positive For Steroids
Hottest Billionaire Heiresses
The Best Cities To Get A Job

Sometimes you've got to sweat a little to get what you want at work.

Consider this: A member of Deloitte and Touche's tennis league told team captain Marc Crockette that her opportunity to work abroad is a direct result of playing on the team. She was hitting ground strokes before a match with one of the firm's partners recently and casually mentioned that she'd love to work abroad. He told her that a two-year position recently opened in the company's London office and voila! She had an interview.

Joining your company's athletic teams can enhance your physique and your career. How? The boundaries between cubicles and corner offices disappear on a court, field or pitch. If you work at a large- or even medium-sized company, you'll probably meet people you otherwise wouldn't even nod at on the elevator. "Company partners and people in the mailroom play together," says Crockette an auditor of employee benefit plans at Deloitte . "Your title is left behind the moment you leave the office."

When Mark Junio was hired at General Casualty in Sun Prairie, Wis., ten years ago, his manager neglected to introduce him to the company's senior execs. Not knowing the top brass made him feel like he was at a disadvantage. So, soon after he was hired, Junio joined the company's bowling league and quickly became friendly with the organization's key officers because they bowled together weekly. "Now I'm at the point where I can discuss business with a senior person with confidence," says Junio, a claim unit manager in the workers compensation department. "That comes from bowling and having a few beers afterwards."

Sometimes the benefits go both ways. Junio recently posted an opening in his department and wound up hiring a fellow league member. He only knew her from the league--he didn't even know what department she worked in. But when her application crossed his desk, he not only knew who she was, he knew her personality and temperament were right for the job. The position was a promotion which came with greater responsibility and a higher salary. "Anyone can interview well, but when I hire someone I need to know, 'Is this someone I'll take out to meet a potential million dollar customer with,'" says Junio.

For Guy Perry, an associate at the law firm Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom, his reputation on the company's soccer team has earned him a newfound reputation at the firm. Partners and other associates who don't play on the team have heard about Perry's attitude on the field. "They heard about the team and said to me, 'I heard you're pretty good and you play pretty hard,'" says Perry. "That translates into more respect [at work]. You walk around and raise your head high."

Playing together makes working together much easier. Perry finds that associates with less experience than him – he's been at the firm for eight years – have an easier time asking him questions about projects since they know him on a casual basis. "It makes being in the building more pleasant," says Perry "If I go to the cafeteria and see two familiar faces, it makes for a more pleasant working experience."

Creating cohesion among co-workers is so important to some companies that they send their staff to places such as the John Newcombe Tennis Ranch in Texas, which has a corporate program designed to foster trust and communication among co-workers. Andy Furman, director of experiential learning at the Ranch, takes groups to complete a ropes course, rafting or on scavenger hunts. He says these sorts of activities go a long way to building a cohesive workforce. There's nothing like dangling through the air at extreme heights to get a staff to bond.

"The goal for most groups is to get better communication going or more trust," says Furman. "We do four or five activities on the high ropes that are 40 to 50 feet in the air. They have to climb up there or do the zip line. That pushes them out of their comfort zone. It help with encouragement skills."

In addition to expanding your network and bonding with colleagues, joining a corporate team can sometimes have other benefits too. Junio, of Wisconsin-based General Casualty, met his now wife through his corporate bowling league. Since she worked in a different department the two might not have met. "She approached me after seeing me at bowling and it came to where we were having friendly wagers over beer over who bowls better," says Junio. "One thing lead to another." The rest is corporate bowling league history.

knadienment
Taurus
Taurus
Taurus

Masculin Nombre de messages : 3541
Résidence : Montréal - Québec
Emploi : Autonome
Statut : CanadoMarocain

http://www.quranflash.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Activités sportives et Carrière Empty Activités sportives et Carrière

Message par NEMO 30/07/06, 06:07 pm

Excuses moi Taurus, la photo au dessous de ton nom, est ce toi?

je sais que tu as un grand sens de l'humour alors j'ai pensé que c'était toi, j'ai fait le rapprochement.

Salut

NEMO

Féminin Nombre de messages : 117
Emploi : responsable de personnel

Revenir en haut Aller en bas