sur le Forum ErableAtlas

Merci pour votre passage.

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

Forum Érable Atlas
Bonjour et Bienvenue
sur le Forum ErableAtlas

Merci pour votre passage.

Forum Érable Atlas
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Derniers sujets
» Logement 4 1/2 à louer Montréal
Ottawa named best place to live I_icon_minitime15/06/23, 04:58 am par april_family

» Parrainage 2023?
Ottawa named best place to live I_icon_minitime20/03/23, 02:36 am par medamine5

» Qui a commencé la procédure EXPRESS ENTRY ?
Ottawa named best place to live I_icon_minitime05/10/22, 02:57 am par hhicham

» procédure de parrainage au québec ( exterieur )
Ottawa named best place to live I_icon_minitime09/03/22, 08:46 pm par sam

» Diplome Privé et procedure de permis de travail
Ottawa named best place to live I_icon_minitime26/02/22, 04:03 pm par root

» Livre de citoyenneté
Ottawa named best place to live I_icon_minitime13/01/22, 01:53 am par kamal1982

» Opticiens recherchés
Ottawa named best place to live I_icon_minitime11/11/21, 04:16 pm par AZUL

» Immigrer : un voyage initiatique à la rencontre des autres et de soi
Ottawa named best place to live I_icon_minitime01/11/21, 03:15 pm par hio

» Permis detude
Ottawa named best place to live I_icon_minitime30/10/21, 01:21 am par yeya

» Envois demande de CSQ REMPLI au ŕepondant.
Ottawa named best place to live I_icon_minitime14/10/21, 11:08 pm par sam

Rechercher

Résultats par :

Rechercher Recherche avancée

Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ d’achat sur une sélection Apple
Voir le deal

Ottawa named best place to live

Ottawa named best place to live Empty Ottawa named best place to live

Message par kabi 01/09/07, 01:49 pm

Ottawa named best place to live: MoneySense

Updated Thu. May. 3 2007 8:26 AM ET

Canadian Press

TORONTO -- Go west isn't good advice if what you want to do is wind up in most of Canada's top 10 places to live.

MoneySense magazine has come out with its second annual list of Canada's Best Places to Live. It ranked 123 Canadian communities with a population greater than 10,000, crunching the numbers on everything from the weather, real estate values, income levels and unemployment rates to discretionary income, crime rates and signs of prosperity.

The country's capital came out on top, with mid-sized and smaller cities filling out the top 10.

Ottawa named best place to live Im000450mj5

Ottawa was rated as Canada's best overall place to live, said MoneySense features editor Duncan Hood, because it didn't do poorly in any category, had high household incomes but the housing is still relatively affordable - leaving people with more discretionary income. He said MoneySense thinks that means a higher quality of life.

Rounding out the top 10 were Halifax, Quebec City, Guelph, Ont., Fredericton, N.B., Kingston, Ont., Moncton, N.B., London, Ont., Victoria and Gander, NL.

"The cities that seem to offer the best quality of life are the cities that allow you to have all the great things about living in a small town . . . that offer up workplaces that you can walk to or get to easily without sitting for hours on the highway. Places that offer you the opportunity to own your own home and have a decent-sized lawn. All those great things about smaller communities but they also offer you some of the great things about big cities like higher incomes and more amenities. "

Hood said Ottawa would seem to be just sort of the perfect balance of the two things.

MoneySense also found east beats west - except for Victoria, no cities west of Ontario made the top 10.

"Where east really beat west was because our houses are cheaper. The housing is just so expensive in the west in general that that is consuming more and more people's incomes and it generally leaves them poorer. It leaves them with less discretionary income and we think that's the main reason that places out west didn't fare as well as the places out east."
Amazingly, a boomtown like Fort McMurray, Alta., was actually penalized. It has Canada's highest average household income at $135,000 a year.

Ottawa named best place to live Im000465cz5

"When you looked at the city more carefully, we found actually the growth rates are too high there. The infrastructure is not keeping up and the housing prices are just unbelievable there."

Canada's biggest cities finished out of the top 10.

Among them, Toronto fared the best but came in at No, 12. Hood said Toronto rated well because it had high household incomes - the fifth highest in the country. Hood said the average household in Toronto makes $91,000 a year. But the big city was near the basement in the cost of housing, ranking 103 out of 123.
Among other big cities, Winnipeg came in at 13, Montreal finished at 23, Calgary was 28 and Edmonton was 31.

Finishing at the bottom of the barrel at 123 was Port Alberni, B.C., and Hood said it fared poorly because it had a high unemployment rate and fairly low household incomes.

Ottawa named best place to live Im000477lp8

Version française suivra sous peu Wink

kabi

Masculin Nombre de messages : 3192
Résidence : New-Brunswick
Statut : Citoyen canadien

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Ottawa named best place to live Empty Re: Ottawa named best place to live

Message par kabi 01/09/07, 01:53 pm

National | Mercredi 02 mai 2007 | 23:40

Ottawa est la meilleure ville où vivre au pays, selon le magazine Moneysense

TORONTO (PC) - L'Ouest du Canada n'est pas la place où aller pour les personnes qui souhaitent vivre dans les dix meilleures villes au pays, selon le magazine MoneySense.

C'est Ottawa qui arrive au premier rang des 123 villes canadiennes ayant une population de plus de 10 000 personnes recensées par le magazine, qui pour établir son palmarès s'est basé sur une série de facteurs dont les conditions climatiques, la valeur des maisons, le revenu par habitant, le taux de chômage et la criminalité, entre autres.
Des villes de taille moyenne ou un peu plus petites complètent les dix premiers rangs, Victoria étant la seule située à l'ouest de l'Ontario.

Ottawa a été identifiée comme la meilleure place où vivre au Canada parce qu'elle n'a eu de mauvais résultats dans aucune catégorie. Ses habitants ont des revenus élevés et le prix des maisons demeure relativement bas, ce qui laisse beaucoup d'argent dans les poches des résidants, a expliqué Duncan Hood, un des responsables du magazine.
Halifax, Québec, Guelph (Ontario), Fredericton, Kingston (Ontario), Moncton, London (Ontario) et Gander (Terre-Neuve) complètent le top 10.

Aucune des grandes villes au pays n'a pu en effet se classer parmi les 10 premières. Toronto a fait le mieux avec une 12e place, devant Winnipeg (13), Montréal (23), Calgary (28 ) et Edmonton (31).

Bonne lectrue

kabi

Masculin Nombre de messages : 3192
Résidence : New-Brunswick
Statut : Citoyen canadien

Revenir en haut Aller en bas